How to Download your data, then delete your account, plus.
Log into Facebook, click the down-triangle icon at top right, and choose Settings.
1) On the General Settings page, click the last item, the link to download a copy of your data.
2) Facebook warns that collecting data may take a while. Click Start My Archive.
3) On the next page, click Start My Archive again, and wait for a notification that it’s done.
4) Download your Facebook archive.
Delete Data while keeping the account
1) Sign in
2) Go to your profile
3) click the 3 dots on the top right, next to Edit Profile
4) Click Activity Log
1) Select as many as you wish to delete
2) Click Trash
2) Photos & Videos
1) Go to your Profile ,
2) Click Photos
4) Hover over each album you want to delete
5) Click the 3 dots
6) Delete Album for every Album you want to delete from your account
Keep Facebook from gathering more data on you
1) Similar to downloading your data, you’ll tap the triangle, then Settings > Your Facebook Information > Off-Facebook Activity > Manage Information
2) If you are ready to disconnect any sites or games that you have “signed on with Facebook” with, you can simply clear history. This will disconnect from those accounts, and delete the data mined through that.
3) Click Manage Future Activity > Toggle Off
Viola, you have just cleaned your data off of Facebook after downloading it to your computer. Would it really be a loss to permanently disable or delete your account altogether? Think about it.
Steps to finish the process by Permanently Disabling or Deleting your account:
1) From your main profile, click in the top right of Facebook.
2) Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
3) Click Your Facebook Information in the left column. If you have Facebook access to a page in the new Pages experience: Click Privacy, then click Your Facebook Information.
4) Click Deactivation and Deletion.
5) Choose Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
6) Click Delete Account, enter your password and then click Continue.